Thursday, May 9, 2013

I Should B Patient

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile. I was dealing with the last few weeks of the semester and finals. I have been reading all your blogs and tried to comment when I could. 

First off, " participating" in ICLW the week of finals was a VERY bad idea! I feel like an ICLW failure. I was not able to keep up with my commenting. I tried and I failed. For this I am sorry. I learned that while in college I don't have the time to add ICLW no matter how much I want to and how good my intentions are. When visiting other blogs I can't just stop by and comment. I want to read their whole blog and their journey. Lets just say that is a lot of reading lol. 

My mother is always telling me,"Patience is a virtue". Yeah well it may be a virtue but it isn't one I possess. 

You know how we IF people dread the 2ww? Well I just went through another type of 2ww. I had to wait for final grades to post. While waiting for grades I cannot POAS to ease my nerves. I can't google search signs that I may have a positive or negative outcome. So, I stalk the university boards for a glimmer or sign of what my grades will be. I would like to mention that going into the finals I have an idea if my grades but it is that final exam that can make or break it. Well the wait ended last night and it is positive! Positive that I have one more semester behind me and only one more till I graduate!! Plus it helps that I got all As and Bs :-)

Sadly, my final semester starts in 4 days. It will be my heaviest load of classes yet with 15 credit hours during the summer. Some classes are only 6 weeks long while others are 11. 

To add to this will be our ttc journey. 

I did not ovulate this cycle (4th cycle) my doctor has increased my metformin to 2000mg a day(before it was 1000mg). I can already tell a difference in my body so hopefully this will work. AF is around the corner or should be. We have not gone to an RE yet since we know our problem is PCOS and that I ovulated before on metformin. Right now we trying the cheapest route even though I have a gut feeling we will be one of those "lucky" couples that will need IVF to achieve pregnancy. DH is a more optimistic person than I am. The doctor is also optimistic. I am a realist. This is not my first trek down this road. On the up side my cycles are becoming regular. The small steps make me happy. After I graduate (in August) our plan of attack on IF will become more aggressive. 

Two more friends have announced pregnancies. ..... Le sigh :-/

I apologize for the long post but I fear this is the type of post that I will be writing more of as school work increases. 

On the weight loss front. I am now down a total of 27.6 pounds! Yeah me! I am also running 3 days a week while counting down to my 5k. 

Tomorrow DH and I are off to Disney (WDW) for the day. It is nice we live close enough to do this and that we have annual passes. 

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you are all having a great bloggie day!



2 comments:

  1. Thou are one busy lady for sure! I think you are on the right track to see if the metformin will work before getting more aggressive, especially while you are finishing up school. I would suggest scheduling at least the consultation with an RE before then so that if needed, you already have a plan of attack moving forward.

    I am so jealous of your annual pass to Disneyworld! I've been there once. We once took my high school softball team there for Disney's Spring Training. It was awesome! Animal Kingdome was my favorite. What is yours?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are fortunate to have passes. It was a wedding gift as WDW was where we honeymooned (best trip ever).we hope to renew them each year. My favorite park is Epcot. Animal Kingdom is actually my least favorite. I can't get past the animal smells. We are headed to Hollywood studios on Friday for Star Wars Weekend :-)

      Delete