Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Should B in a better mood

I have a good life. I am happily married to a wonderful man. I have a roof over my head. I live close to my friends and family. I go to sleep each night with a full stomach. I have a car. I have a good support system. I am able to attend college.

After remembering and thinking about this, I am in a bad mood.

I am cranky. I am moody. I have a short temper.

And

I HAVE NO CLUE WHY!

Okay well I do have a clue.

It boils down to Endometriosis (at least today). I am so over it and the pain. Plus I think it is getting worse :-/ I wish there was some quick easy answer not just for me but everyone.

Today I read numerous stories of different women that are affected by Endometriosis.
Two women had hysterectomies before they were 27. One of those women had the endometriosis return.
Another woman believed if she got pregnant and had her baby that the endometriosis would subside or go away completely. Sadly, this is not true and her endometriosis has flared up ten times worse. She is unable to play with her daughter.
One woman always went straight for her heating pad when her endometriosis got bad. Unbeknownst to her she burned her abdomen repeatedly. The endometriosis pain was so severe she didn't even feel the heating pad burns.

These stories do not even begin to explain the many different ways endometriosis affects the individuals that suffer from this invisible illness. What's more is that the people surrounding sufferers are affected to varying degrees as well.

March is Endometriosis Awareness Month. However, for those of us that have endometriosis, we are aware of it with each moment of every day in our lives.

I pray a cure is found sooner rather than later so future generations do not have to endure what we have.

No comments:

Post a Comment