Sunday, February 15, 2015

I Should B Providing An Update

Bloggie world, I apologize for being MIA but I hope you can understand. I have been soaking up as much time with my little guy as I could before going back to work. 

Here is an update. 

Handsome was discharged from the NICU 5 hours after I was discharged from the hospital with a clean bill of health. 

Since being released he has had a few bumps in the road and we are still climbing over a few. He has a clogged tear duct which, we hope to see clear up on its own. He has a slight case of Ezema. His cradle cap is super bad and looks awful. He has Torticollis for which he goes to physical therapy for twice a week. Also, he has a flat spot on the left side of his head. We (Dr, PT&us) are trying all we can to kick that flat spot to the curb so we can prevent the need for a helmet. He also has acid reflux and is on medication for that. All in all it could be worse so we just count our blessings. 

Handsome man is now a champ at breastfeeding. We had a rocky start but being that he is 16 pounds at 12 weeks, I'd say he is eating well. He eats every 4 hours approximately 5 ounces each time. He has slept for 5 hours the last four nights ( this is like a mini miracle). He has also slept in his crib 92% of the time since coming home. 

I got him up from his nap and he was almost completely rolled over. His hips and legs were rolled completely over and he was on his side shoulder. Looks like he will be rolling completely over in no time and I am so not ready for that :-/

This week we will be moving to a slightly larger place that will allow handsome guy to have his own room. I am not looking forward to moving with a 2 month old but am happy to be able to provide our son with his own space finally. 

I go back to work in a week...

I must now go feed my handsome man and get some packing done. 

Have a blessed day Bloggie World

No comments:

Post a Comment